Coaches Register 2014-15
Members of the Coaches Register are insured and licensed by Badminton Wales to carry out coaching activities within the parameters of the award they have gained. Acceptance onto the Coaches Register is subject to the satisfactory completion of a Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) check.
Coaches are also expected to agree to and abide by the Badminton Wales Code of Ethics & Behaviours and Child Protection Policy.
Further details about safeguarding children including DBS checks can be found in the Safeguarding & Child Protection section.
Who is eligible to join?
Coaches who have a current DBS check and hold one of the following coaching awards:
- A UKCC Level 1 or higher UKCC award
- The Badminton Wales Level 1 Advanced award
- The old 'Leaders', 'Intermediate' or 'Advanced' award and have previously successfully passed the Badminton Wales UKCC Level 1 Orientation exercise. (Please note that the timeline for completion of this exercise has now expired.)
DBS Checks - Important Update
Since June 2013 individuals no longer have to apply for a new DBS check each time they apply for a position. Instead, they now only have to apply once to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a certificate and then go online for an instant check to find out if the existing certificate is still up to date. The new updating service also allows organisations to check online whether new information has been added to the certificate since it was issued. For many volunteers and paid employees this will mean that they need only have one certificate to cover activities across multiple organisations as long as it relates to working with the same vulnerable group. Please click here for more details.
Fees for the 2014-15 season are set as follows:
||Family (2 members)
||Family (3 members)
||Family (4 members)
How do I join?
Please complete and return the new Coaches Register Application Form to the Badminton Wales office together with the appropriate payment. Please note that completion of the form is compulsory for all coaches.
How can I pay?
- By cheque - Cheques should be made payable to ‘WBU Ltd’.
- By Standing Order or bank transfer - please contact Laura Cairns on 029 2033 4941.
What benefits do I receive?
- Civil Liability Insurance Cover up to £5 million (providing both Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance cover which provides cover for coaches who are found to be negligent in their duty to participants and spectators and as a result of their negligence cause personal injury or property damage).
- Full Membership of Badminton Wales which provides Personal Injury Insurance cover designed to provide compensation following injury whilst playing, training and travelling to and from organised club activities
- Legal Expenses Insurance Cover
Acceptance onto the Coaches Register is subject to the satisfactory completion of the DBS check. When this has been successfully completed, you will be added to the register and your benefits will commence. Badminton Wales no longer produces Coaches Register membership cards. Instead, on affiliation, you will be sent a letter and insurance certificate confirming your membership for the 2014-15 season.
Membership of the register has a duration of up to 12 months. The renewal date each year is 30th September.